Developing a Practice Retreat – August
August 15 - August 20
Sati Yoga: Developing a Practice
15th – 20th August
Developing a practice
is a five day intensive, involving an exploration of Sati yoga with a special focus on helping students develop and deepen their own practice.
Integrating mindfulness (sati in the ancient language of Pali of the Buddha) to the practice of hatha yoga allows us to slow down, deepen our experience and increase our understanding of yoga. The practice of Sati yoga enables us to find a balance between the physical and mental practices of postural yoga and meditation as well as allowing for the transformational possibilities of the practice to enter our everyday lives.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This unique course combines traditional teaching methods alongside innovative and interactive approaches, creating a supportive environment in which students can build their own practice for the first time or rekindle a practice which has been left aside. We will be teaching what we feel are fundamental elements to a balanced practice: including sun salutations, asanas (postures), pranayama (yogic breathing) and meditation techniques as well as the relevance of the yamas and niyamas (yogic ethics).
Each course will also be highly individualized according to the experience and interests of the students. There will be opportunities within the formal classes to ‘self- practice’ as well as short sessions between classes when we encourage students to experience being alone with their own practice in the yoga room. The course is designed to be very interactive, with feedback from students encouraged.
Developing a practice is suitable for anyone who enjoys doing yoga and wishes to have a practice they can do outside of attending formal classes. Keen beginners are welcome – but note that this is an intensive course with considerable time spent in the yoga room. Also welcome are those who are experienced yogis seeking guidance in renewing their present practice.
Please note that this course involves periods of silence. To truly gain the benefits of being on retreat, we will also encourage students to turn off phones and any other electronic devices while you are here on the farm.
To ensure students receive adequate individual attention, numbers on these courses are limited to 10.
In line with our three tier pricing policy:
- Standard cost of this retreat is €800, please pay this price if you can
- Supported rate is €620 for those who can’t afford the full fee
- Supporter rate of €980 is available for those who would like to support our work and encourage us to continue offering a supported rate on our courses.
A 50% deposit, payable online by Paypal or by bank transfer, is required at the time of booking.
These prices include:
- Five nights in shared accommodation. Single rooms are available on a limited, first come first served basis and the extra charge is €150.
- All meals (delicious organic vegetarian food, all vegetables grown on our farm)
- 9 yoga classes and 3 meditation sessions, equivalent to 23 hours of tuition
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Sun salutations
- A number of asanas which you can include in your daily routine
- How to fit your practice into your daily life
- Basic pranayama techniques
- A simple meditation routine
15th – 20th August
The course starts at 5.30 pm on the first day of the course, with the ferry from the mainland and ends at 12.30 on the last day of the course, in time for the 1.00 pm ferry back to the mainland.
Price is based on shared accommodation. Single rooms available on a limited, first come first serve basis at an additional cost of €150. Click here to view our Accommodation Page