August short retreat
August 19 - August 22
Sati Yoga Weekend: August short retreat
Cultivating awareness, embodying change
This four day yoga and meditation course is designed for students (from keen beginners to experienced practitioners) who wish to explore the connection between mindfulness (sati in the ancient language of the Buddha) and the classical eight limb system of yoga.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The practice of mindfulness in meditation can be readily applied to the practice of physical asana, using classical hatha yoga postures. Within this approach, meditation, relaxation and breath training are integral elements. Working with a variety of asana, this course explores how we can practice with an embodied awareness, observing emotions and thoughts as they arise, connecting and staying with our breath. By cultivating both active and receptive awareness, our yoga practice becomes both deeper and lighter: a sense of spaciousness and ease in our bodies develops while strength and stability results from a groundedness through gravity.
By the end of the retreat, students will have developed an understanding of how this integrated approach can become a tool of transformation within their own yoga practice as well as how it can be applied to other aspects of their lives.
The day starts with a 30 minute meditation session, followed by a 2 and a half hour yoga session. Over the course of the retreat, we explore sun salutations, a variety of hatha postures and will play with the relationships between simple, foundational postures and more complex asanas.
Brunch follows the morning yoga. There is free time until we meet again for an afternoon session, based around a more detailed exploration of yogic breathing. The three course vegetarian dinner is prepared from vegetables that are grown on the farm. We finish the day with a 30 minute silent sitting meditation.
This course would be of interest to keen beginners as well as experienced practitioners, and especially to anyone who has an interest in meditation. (Those who have done an 8 week MBSR course may be particularly interested). Yoga teachers are also welcome.
In line with our three tier pricing policy:
- Normal cost of this retreat is €580, please pay this price if you can
- Supported rate is €480 for those who can’t afford the full fee
- Supporter rate of €680 is available for those who would like to support our work and encourage us to continue offering a supported rate on our courses.
A 50% deposit, payable online by Paypal or by bank transfer, is required at the time of booking.
These prices include:
- Three nights in shared accommodation. Single rooms are available on a limited, first come first served basis and the extra charge is €100.
- All meals (delicious organic vegetarian food, all vegetables grown on our farm)
- 5 yoga classes and 3 meditation sessions, equivalent to 25 hours of tuition
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Sun salutations
- A number of asanas which you can include in your daily routine
- How to fit your practice into your daily life
- Basic pranayama techniques
- A simple meditation routine
The course starts with the evening ferry, leaving the mainland at 17.30 and ends at 13.00 on the Monday with the ferry back to the mainland
The price is based on shared accommodation. Single rooms are available on a very limited first come first serve basis and cost an additional €100.
Click here to view our Accommodation Page
DISCOUNTS & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
If you think that attending one of our retreats would be of great benefit to you, no matter what your particular financial situation may be, we are very happy to explore various options for discounted prices. Please contact us!