Introduction to draft work with horses
19 May 2018 - 20 May 2018€160
This two day workshops will introduce the basics of working with horses on a farm. No previous experience of horses is assumed, so this course is suitable for all.
The following topics will be covered:
- Choosing a suitable horse for work. Breeds, temperament and training
- Care and handling of the work horse
- Long-reining a horse
- Harnessing a horse for work and driving, different types of harness
- Using horses as pack animal
- Different horse-drawn tools and their use in farming
This is a practical workshop which will include a lot of hands on work with the farm’s horses.
The course starts at 11 am on the Saturday and finishes on 4.30 on the Sunday.
Cost is 160 euros and includes vegetarian lunch on both days. Transport to the island, accommodation and dinner on Saturday night are not included.
Contact us to book for this course.